Time & Location
11 Mar 2021, 18:00
About the event
Ward panels are run by local people for the community.
The Ward Panels are attended by the local Safer Neighbourhood Policing Team known as Dedicated Ward Officers (DWO). The meetings themselves are led by a community member, known as the Chair.
The function of the Ward Panels is to:
- Set, and oversee, the priorities of the Ward Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- Review these priorities on a regular basis and change them if necessary.
- Act as community representatives identifying issues of local concern which create fear of crime or affect the quality of life in an area.
- Assist the police and the community with engagement and information flow.
- Assist with problem solving and crime prevention activity.
- Provide the community with information on the status of, and progress with, the Ward team priorities.
They will keep you, the community, posted and updated on their work and ask community members to join and participate in them.